Meet Cindy Compert
Since I accepted my first commission at the age of 15, I've been focusing on the “Landscape of the Soul”, the natural world, and how the soul interacts with the mystical qualities of the landscape. I'm a 'plein air' (outdoor on location) painter and get much of my inspiration from painting outdoors in nature, especially flowers and the beautiful rocky coast of California. I'm especially passionate about traveling off-road and overland, painting the often inaccessible and back country beauty of America and beyond. Listening to the sounds of the wind, rustling leaves, surf, birds, and sometimes, just plain silence is something that translates directly into my work. Beyond that, there are almost always shapes and symbols that my subconscious decides to paint for me. That's the really interesting part! More recently, I have doing larger studio pieces using Old Master techniques that involve building up brilliant oil color using many thin layers of paint. These paintings literally glow with color. Extending my work to a larger audience is also a goal of mine. I recently started offering limited edition oil-enhanced metal prints under Cindy Fine Art Editions. Feel free to reach out about purchasing my work.
I'm a member of the California Art Club and Redondo Beach Art Group. I am also proud to be listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for my participation in the 2010 Pasadena Chalk Art Festival, the world's largest chalk painting event. My work has been exhibited throughout Southern California including Randy Higbee Gallery, Huse Skelly Art Gallery, and the Women's Club of Pasadena. Commissions are happily accepted.
Selected Exhibitions and Commissions:
- Randy Higbee Gallery 6" Squared Shows, Costa Mesa, CA 2019, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010
- Holiday Treasures Salon 2013 and 2014- Debra Huse Gallery, Balboa Island, CA
- "CA101" Exhibition- Friends of Redondo Beach Arts- 2012-14
- Private Commission, "Connecting with the Past for Monika", October 2014
- Parrot Commission for “Polly’s on the Pier”, Redondo Beach Pier, CA, January 2012
- FlagStop Contemporary Art- Juried Show, Los Angeles- September 2011
- Redondo Beach Art Group Power of Art, Redondo Beach- Shows from 2009-2015
- California Art Club, "Fresh Air, Landscapes of California", Fremont Gallery, Pasadena, CA 7/11
- RBAG Juried Show, Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center, 5/11
- Cannery Row Gallery- "Halloween Show 2010"
- "Beauty @ The Beach" Juried Show, Redondo Beach Art Group, July-August 2010
- “Surf's Up” Juried Show, California Art Club at Women's City Club of Pasadena, April-August 2010
- Long Beach Bike Festival Plein Air Exhibition, California Art Club, May 2010
- Cannery Row Gallery,“Art for Haiti” Benefit, March 2010
- “Through the Ages” Juried Show, Redondo Beach Art Group and Beach Cities Health District, 2009
- Manhattan Beach Community Arts Festivals, 2007-2009
- “Off the Wall”, Palos Verdes Art Center, October 2009
- “Pasadena City Hall Exhibition”, California Art Club, 2007
Chalk Art Works:
- Chalk it Up! Chalk Festival, sponsored by Sweet Serenity Day Spa, Dr. Tristy Shaw, and Hennessey's Tavern- June 2012 and 2011
- Earth Day Chalk Art Challenge, Redondo Beach Pier, 2011, 2012, 2014
- Redondo Beach Chalk Festival, 2010, 2013
- Pasadena Chalk Festival- Guinness Book of World Records Winner- June 2010
Wellington C. Mepham High School, Bellmore, NY
Public Places: "Polly's on the Pier", Redondo Beach, CA- parrot mural, 2012
Awards and Recognition:
Guinness Book of World Records, World's Largest Street Chalk Painting, 2010
Manhattan Beach Arts Festival, 3nd Place, 2007
Abraham and Strauss Young Artists Exhibition, Honorable Mention (Countywide exhibition, Nassau County, NY)
2014 "Power of Art"- Redondo Beach Art Group- Easy Reader Newspaper: http://www.easyreadernews.com/87362/powering-redondos-electrifying-new-art-show/ ("Anacapa Island Hideaway")
2013 "Power of Art"- Redondo Beach Art Group- Easy Reader Newspaper: http://www.easyreadernews.com/75353/making-ends-meet-connecting-redondo-beach-art-group/ .
2012 "Power of Art"- Redondo Beach Art Group- http://tinyurl.com/9e6kcvp
2011 Redondo Beach Pier Chalk Festival: http://redondobeach.patch.com/events/9th-annual-redondo-pier-chalk-art-festival
2010 Pasadena Chalk Festival:
Cindy is a Winston Scholar and holds a BA in Fine Arts Magna Cum Laude,Phi Beta Kappa, from New York University. Cindy has also studied with a variety of fine artists, including Dennis Perrin, Cheryl Kline, David Gallup, Jennifer McChristian, Steven Mirich, Jacobus Baas, Ruo Li, and Min Li, as well as artists with Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art, Dedalo Arte in Tuscany Italy, and State University of NY.
I use Paypal as my payment processor on this web site with a convenient shopping cart. Should you wish to use alternate purchasing methods, contact me here.